First Impressions: Dishonored

http://www.destructoid.com//ul/236862-hd%20dishonored%20dlc.jpg 
Before I go on about the game, I just want to make a quick little statement; I thought a lot about the future of the website and I really want to see it go far. We always complain and talk about how we never post and we promise we will but after a while it doesn't really pan out. It just comes back to this cycle we have gotten in. But this time, I really promise, that this website will be getting my 100% from now on. We've made so much progress on here and I would hate to just see it go to waste because I got lazy. This website was my little project and it's grown into a lot more so here's to the close and successful future.

Now back to the real reason why you're here; Dishonored. Released in October, this game became one of the most highly anticipated releases of the year along with Black Ops (bleh) and Halo 4 and it's easy to see why; this game is highly addictive. Bethesda proved once again that they belong on top considering that they're the franchise that produced not only Dishonored but Skyrim and Fallout 3 and New Vegas. It creates the story of Corvo Attano, the body guard to the Empress of Dunwall who is murdered shortly upon his return. When discovering the Empress' bloody body and the missing daughter, Emily, with only Corvo left at the crime scene, he is immediately thumbed as the murder. Once he is thrown in jail awaiting his execution, he is aided by "A Friend" who leaves him the keys to break free and escape the city to assume his role as an Assassin. He goes on his journey to seek out the lost Emily and bring revenge upon those who dishonored him. I'm going to start off with the bad here just because there is a slim amount: 

The Bad: Contrary to the commercials and bits of game play, the graphics were a very large let down.You'd think coming from Bethesda who just released the beautiful Skyrim: Elder Scrolls, you would see some of that graphic ingenuity but you get a lot more of a Fallout/Bioshock feel. Not to dig on my favorite game, but Bioshock's graphics are no Skyrim. Anyway, I talked to a fellow Dishonored fan and they agreed, the graphics were a huge let down. I feel like they were so pressed for time to let this game out of the gates that they didn't exactly pay too much attention to it but the good thing is the graphics aren't a huge turn off from the game, more like a pet peeve. Another displeasing aspect is probably the lack of interactivity. You get a lot of repetitive interactive commands in the game like throwing bottles, opening chests, but I would have liked to have seen a little more with it because over time it just seems like the same old  things, nothing really presents itself as new and it can get kind of repetitive. The only downside to this is that it can make the game seem very predictable. You sneak behind some guards, slit their throats and you keep doing the same things only to achieve different goals.

The Good: Alright, the goods of this game highly overcome the bads. I kind of had to scrape the bottom of the barrel for the bads but all in all, it's a fantastic game. I can honestly say the plot line is so different from a lot of the other games I've played in a while. It's almost like this fantastic combination of Bioshock and Assassin's Creed but it still stays true to it's own game. It strays away from your typical first person action type of game and creates all new levels within itself. You're not just an assassin, you have these fantastic gifts as you've been imprinted with this mark on your hand. You can teleport, see through walls, hold a freaking mechanical heart and find these artifacts to level up you're different skills. I love the whole sneaking around and breaking into buildings and doing optional quests. One thing I absolutely love about the game and this stays true with several games, is the whole "you choose your destiny" factor. I think that one of my favorite things about any game. It just adds a whole new element to any game making it so possible to do so many other things. It really just satisfies all the things I love in a video game. 
 

So overall, I would say this game is definitely worth checking out. If you're like me and you love Bioshock and the whole theme of Assassin's Creed, this will really suit you. Plus it has a whole new feel, something I've never seen before in a video game. Well done Bethesda. Well done.

Penulis : Cassidy ~ Sebuah blog yang menyediakan berbagai macam informasi

Artikel First Impressions: Dishonored ini dipublish oleh Cassidy pada hari 11/24/12. Semoga artikel ini dapat bermanfaat.Terimakasih atas kunjungan Anda silahkan tinggalkan komentar.sudah ada 0 komentar: di postingan First Impressions: Dishonored
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment