On The Internet: Nanowrimo, Mike Falzone, & Nerdfighters

From Left to Right: Nanowrimo Crest, Mike Falzone, Hank and John of Vlogbrothers/Nerfighters

So every now and again, we talk about different things other than video games, mostly pertaining to things on the internets and this is one of those times. A few things I've been loving on the internet to be more exact. Since the internet is this vast land of all sorts of hoopla, it's nice to sit back and look upon the finer things that the wonderful land of computer communication has presented us with. Most of these I've been affiliated with and loved for quite some time, but lately, these three have held my attention like no other.

1. Nanowrimo- Nanowrimo is brilliant. That pretty much sums it up for you. This website is one of the most exhilarating things you could possibly take part in if you're the type who loves to write and wrack your head against a keyboard when the inevitable shield of writers block completely takes over. Basically you have one month, November, to produce your best work of literature. Once again, I have failed coming up short at a measly 15,000 words, 35,000 words away from the ultimate goal, and I can't say I'm not proud. What I came up with is brilliant and who knows, maybe I'll work on it after Nanowrimo is over. But with November coming to a definite close, you have no time to participate this year. A little too late I'm afraid. But don't let this throw you off! Nanowrimo comes around every year so take this time to develop a story! No one says you can't begin with some material that you already have! If it sounds like your cup of tea, I highly recommend it. Theres something so rewarding when you work on your own little creation and I can definitely say that next year when I'm finally free of the ties of school, I will be completely dedicated to whatever I plan on writing about. 

2. Mike Falzone- Okay, if you haven't heard of Mike Falzone on YouTube, you're missing out. He does it all. From comedy sketches (my personal favorite is the Batman makes Craigslist calls) from his walk and talk videos, and not to mention the fact that he's a phenomenal musician. He's just one of those incredibly interesting and lovable people not to mention that he's beautiful but I digress. Mike also just wrote his book that he promoted on KickStarter called "Never Stop Shutting Up" and I'm so happy for him. He deserves all the recognition and success out there. I'll put some of my favorite Mike Falzone videos right below this so really, check him out, you won't regret it. 



3. Nerdfighters- Okay, so Nerfighteria is a large part of my life. Thanks to the two beautiful human beings that are Hank and John Green, my life has been enriched by happiness and excitement  I have met so many amazing people who are also Nerdfighters and it's probably one of the most amazing things I've ever discovered on the internet. Hank is this adorably sweet, and not to mention insanely brilliant, nerd who co founded the NerdFighters and VlogBrothers, their channel on YouTube, with his brother John, one of my favorite people on Earth. John is this fantastic author who has produced books like Looking For Alaska, Paper Towns, and his newest book The Fault in Our Stars. They are just such genuine people who make me smile with every video they put up and the thing is they completely and totally love what they do. Making people learn about current topics, science, history, literature, they do it all and not to mention, they make it incredibly interesting and fun. They are just two people I will never get tired of seeing. One of my life goals is actually to get every single on of John Green's books, preferably first editions, and have them all signed by the one and only John. With two down I still have a lot of work but that just gives me an excuse to buy tickets for Leaky Con and see them next year. If you're not apart of the NerdFighter family, please become one. It is one of the most fun things you will probably ever discover.

Penulis : Cassidy ~ Sebuah blog yang menyediakan berbagai macam informasi

Artikel On The Internet: Nanowrimo, Mike Falzone, & Nerdfighters ini dipublish oleh Cassidy pada hari 11/28/12. Semoga artikel ini dapat bermanfaat.Terimakasih atas kunjungan Anda silahkan tinggalkan komentar.sudah ada 0 komentar: di postingan On The Internet: Nanowrimo, Mike Falzone, & Nerdfighters
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment